Applications for UBC Summer Science Program 2017 are now closed.
What is the Summer Science Program?
The program promotes interest in health and science programs through firsthand experience at the University of British Columbia.
Great opportunities to meet new friends, eat great food, connect with Elders and role models, and enjoy fun, laughter and learning.
- Inform students of health and science careers.
- Provide information on post-secondary prerequisites, course planning, and admissions.
- Offer a holistic education experience that includes cultural practices.
- Provide Indigenous role models in health care and sciences.
- Incorporate cultural knowledge into daily activities.
Who can apply?
Open to all students who are going in to grades 9 – 12 in the fall of 2017, who are of First Nations, Inuit, or Métis ancestry. APPLICATION DEADLINE IS MONDAY, MAY 1ST.
The 2017 Summer Science Program runs:
Session 1: Students who are going in to grades 11 – 12 in the fall of 2017 will attend from July 2 – July 8, 2017.
Session 2: Students who are going in to grades 9 – 10 in the fall of 2017 will attend from July 9 – July 15, 2017.
How much does it cost?
- Upon acceptance into the program students must provide a $200.00 program fee.
- This fee goes towards accommodation and meals during the program. All other expenses (such as workshops, transit fares, admission to museums or attractions, etc) are covered while students are at UBC. The program fee does not include travel to and from Vancouver.
- Students are encouraged to apply for funding from their band or school district.
- Bursaries to cover the program fee of $200 will be available upon acceptance and as per request.
Why apply to the Summer Science Program?
You will gain valuable insight into future academic and career choices. You will make friends and memories that will last a lifetime! You will learn from our Summer Science elder, the many camp coordinators, and teachers throughout the program. You will get to go out and enjoy some of the things Vancouver has to offer.
How do I apply?
Applications for UBC Summer Science Program 2017 CLOSE MAY 1ST.
.~ The 2017 Applications are now closed ~
For any inquiries or questions regarding the Summer Science Program, please contact the Summer Science Program staff at:
Check out our Promo postcard with pictures and quotes from previous students!
Like our Instagram and Facebook pages for pictures from last year’s SSP!
SUMMER SCIENCE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES!
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a positive impact with our young people? Then we have the answer! You can join the UBC Summer Science Program by working with us to be a positive role model by being part of a group dynamic!! Not only will you partake in the fun and laughter, you will also be learning new cultural activities.
Benefits of working with Summer Science are:
- You will meet new people and have loads of fun!
- You will enhance your management, communication, and organizational skills
- You will join a team of enthusiastic and interesting people
- You will truly make a difference in the lives of the young people you work with!
- You will also play an essential role in aiding the mission, vision, and standards of the UBC Summer Science Program!
Yes, you CAN apply for a Volunteer position with Summer Science 2017 right now! Check out our volunteer listings right here! CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Thank you, we look forward to meeting you!
Please submit applications by MONDAY, May 1st 2017.