Applications for UBC Summer Science Program 2018 are now open! Please scroll down to find the application form
What is the Summer Science Program?
The program promotes interest in health and science programs through firsthand experience at the University of British Columbia.
Great opportunities to meet new friends, eat great food, connect with Elders and role models, and enjoy fun, laughter and learning.
- Inform students of health and science careers.
- Provide information on post-secondary prerequisites, course planning, and admissions.
- Offer a holistic education experience that includes cultural practices.
- Provide Indigenous role models in health care and sciences.
- Incorporate cultural knowledge into daily activities.
Who can apply?
Open to all students who are going in to grades 9 – 12 in the fall of 2018, who are of First Nations, Inuit, or Métis ancestry.
The 2018 Summer Science Program runs:
Session 1: Students who are going in to grades 11 – 12 in the fall of 2018 will attend from July 1st – July 7th, 2018.
Session 2: Students who are going in to grades 9 – 10 in the fall of 2018 will attend from July 8th – July 14th, 2018.
How much does it cost?
- Upon acceptance into the program students must provide a $200.00 program fee.
- This fee goes towards accommodation and meals during the program. All other expenses (such as workshops, transit fares, admission to museums or attractions, etc) are covered while students are at UBC. The program fee does not include travel to and from Vancouver.
- Students are encouraged to apply for funding from their band or school district.
- Bursaries to cover the program fee of $200 will be available upon acceptance and as per request.
Why apply to the Summer Science Program?
You will gain valuable insight into future academic and career choices. You will make friends and memories that will last a lifetime! You will learn from our Summer Science elder, the many camp coordinators, and teachers throughout the program. You will get to go out and enjoy some of the things Vancouver has to offer.
How do I apply?
.~ The 2018 Applications is now closed~
Thank you to all the students who applied this year! If you missed the deadline, be sure to keep a close eye on this website for next year!
For any inquiries or questions regarding the Summer Science Program, please contact the Summer Science Program staff at:
Check out our Promo postcard with pictures and quotes from previous students!
Like our Instagram and Facebook pages for pictures from last year’s SSP!
SUMMER SCIENCE CAREER/VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES!
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a positive impact with our young people? Then we have the answer! You can join the UBC Summer Science Program by working with us to be a positive role model by being part of a group dynamic!! Not only will you partake in the fun and laughter, you will also be learning new cultural activities.
Benefits of working with Summer Science are:
- You will meet new people and have a great time doing it
- You will enhance your management, communication, and organizational skills
- You will join a team of enthusiastic and interesting people
- Make a difference in the lives of the young people you work with
- You will also play an essential role in aiding the mission, vision, and standards of the UBC Summer Science Program
Summer Science is a multifaceted program with positions that would appeal to a broad swath of people. Listed below are positions available to apply for right now! If you peruse the list and find nothing to your fancy, please check back regularly as jobs for our camp hire at distinct times.
Current Job Postings:
- Applications for volunteer positions with Summer Science 2018 are currently open! Check out our volunteer listings right here! CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Thank you, we look forward to meeting you!
Our Volunteer application deadline has been extended! Please submit your application before Tuesday, May 8th.